While Public Health Laboratory Appreciation Month officially comes to a close, our appreciation continues year-round. Thank you to everyone who shared their messages of thanks and recognition including local and state agencies, public health partners and so many individuals!
Microbe Masterpieces Art Contest Winners
Thanks to QIAGEN for sponsoring our first Microbe Masterpieces Art Contest! We received more submissions that we expected which was such an exciting surprise! All submissions are being showcased in an album on Facebook so don’t miss it. Our judges had an incredibly difficult job narrowing down their favorites! And the winners are…
- Most Creative: “Coronapumpkin” by Kara Phipps and Alexis Russell from the New York State Department of Health Wadsworth Center
- Most Inspiring: “Network of single celled structures called mycelia, and I am the fruiting body” by Vannia Pena from the Humboldt County, CA Public Health Laboratory
- Most Realistic: “Gram Stain & Interactive” by Lorrie Blais from the Vermont Department of Health Laboratory
- Grand Prize: “Microbes melting glass (lampworking)” by Ila Meyer-Fritzsche from the Virginia Division of Consolidated Laboratory Services
Public Health Laboratory Appreciation Month Highlights
- ASTHO, a key APHL partner, featured an interview with Scott Becker on their blog.
- The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services shared this fun video of their State Public Health Laboratory team taking Flat Labby on a tour!
- On Instagram, Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County shared impressive stats from their STD testing laboratory.
- The Minnesota Department of Health made an interesting video highlighting their Environmental Laboratory and all the work that team does to keep people safe.
- See all the great posts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram by searching for #ThanksPHLabs! Thanks to everyone who posted!
Leave a Comment