Given the global rise of drug-resistant pathogens over the past few decades, some physicians and scientists warn of a possible antibiotic apocalypse—a scary, post-antibiotic era. But a $160 million CDC effort now aims to keep antibiotic resistance rare. And as our feature article shows, the “game-changing” keystone of this effort is the Antibiotic Resistance Laboratory Network.
Here are just a few of this issue’s highlights:
- A Collaborative Effort to Identify Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis—The rpoB Alert
- South Carolina Automates WGS for Foodborne Outbreak Surveillance
- APHL Mozambique Responds to Cyclone Idai
- Biosafety and Beyond: Laboratory Training and Mentorship in the USAPI
- Promoting Community Wellness, Water Quality in Western New York
- Protecting Environmental Health and Resources in Oklahoma