As it stands today, cannabis is a Schedule I narcotic, on the same US government list as heroin, ecstasy and other illicit drugs deemed to have high abuse potential. For 28 states and the District of Columbia where cannabis is legal for medical and/or recreational adult use, this is a huge problem, especially for state agencies and laboratories tasked with regulatory oversight and public health surveillance of cannabis safety.
In the spring issue of Lab Matters, our feature article examines how public health laboratories are responding to this unique challenge.
Here are just a few of this issue’s highlights:
- The PATH to Improved Hormone Testing
- 15 Minutes with John Auerbach
- Expanding State Newborn Screening Panels in Missouri and Iowa
- Kenya Launches National Equipment Calibration Center
- The Best Defense: Routine Public Health Testing
- Colorado Puts Cannabis Testing on High Priority
- Moving Up or Moving On: Career Advancement and Workplace Satisfaction in State PHLs
Subscribe and get Lab Matters delivered to your inbox, or read Lab Matters on your mobile device.
This is a good article thank you so much for sharing this great information..keep it up.