The APHL International Team Meeting allows for US-based APHL leadership and global health program staff and consultants working in-country to discuss organizational operations and key programmatic successes and challenges. In most cases, this is the only time during the year that these individuals have an opportunity to meet face-to-face. Participants from Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Tanzania, Mozambique, Guinea, Sierra Leone and APHL’s US headquarters were all in attendance.
In November, Scott Becker, APHL’s executive director, traveled to Johannesburg, South Africa for the second APHL International Team Meeting. While he was there, he sat down with five members of the APHL international team to discuss their work and what led them to pursue a career in laboratory science.
- Levi Vere, Laboratory Quality Monitoring Manager, APHL Zimbabwe
- Shanette Nixon, Global Health Consultant, APHL
- Esther Vitto, Laboratory Program Support, APHL Sierra Leone
- Mohamed Fofanah, Associate Specialist, Administration and Finance, APHL Sierra Leone
- Rufus Nyaga, LIS Technical Consultant and Project Manager, APHL Kenya